Nurses with children must learn how to balance their busy working lives with the demands of parenthood. Have you had difficulty maintaining your personal, professional, and parental life? In a recent article on NurseZone, three nurses discuss how they created a balance. Their suggestions include:
– Sharing responsibilities with your family/significant other.
– Making sure that your family understands your need to continue your nursing career.
– Choosing a career that you love.
– Finding a job that allows you the flexibility to spend time with your family.
– Finding time to unwind; “me” time for hobbies and pastimes is important.
How are you balancing work with your family? What tips would you give a nurse embarking on this juggling act?
Learn more about starting your career as a Vocation Nurse at Stanbridge College online.