The FAFSA application for the 2023-2024 academic year is now open!
What is FAFSA?
FAFSA, or the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, is used to apply for grants and loans that can help you pay for college. Students are required to complete the FAFSA in order to be eligible for financial aid for the upcoming academic year – even if you have submitted an application for previous years.
When is the 2023-2024 FAFSA Application Due?
The FAFSA deadline has been extended to December 15, 2022.
What Do I Need to Fill Out the FAFSA Application?
To fill out the FAFSA, you will need your 2021 Tax Return and W2s. If you are labeled as a dependent student based on FAFSA guidelines, you will also need your parent’s tax information.
You will also need to create an FSA ID, which is used to sign your FAFSA electronically. If you have not already done so, you can create an FSA ID on the FAFSA website. If you are a dependent student, your parent(s) will need their own FSA ID and must electronically sign your application.
Once you have all of this information gathered, you can begin filling out your FAFSA at https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa.
Once complete, you must also upload your confirmation to https://portal.stanbridge.edu.
FAFSA Application Tips
Here are some tips to help you complete the FAFSA application:
- Get organized: Collect all of the documents you will need before you begin the application. This includes your tax returns, W-2 forms, bank statements, and other financial records. Having all of this information readily available will make the process much smoother.
- Start early: The sooner you start the application, the better. If you are a dependent and will need your parent’s signature, reach out and let them know about the application now. You don’t want to wait until the last minute and risk making a mistake or missing the deadline altogether.
- Pay attention to detail: Answer all questions accurately and thoroughly. If you make a mistake, it could result in a delay in processing or even a rejection of your application.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help: If you need assistance completing the FAFSA form, there are plenty of resources available to help you. You can find helpful videos, articles, and even live help from experts online.
Join Our Financial Aid Q&A Sessions – We’re Here to Help!
You can also join our live Q&A info sessions on Zoom to speak with a Financial Aid Officer every Monday and Wednesday anytime between 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM.
- Join us here on Mondays and Wednesdays
- Meeting ID: 963 699 0409
- Passcode: 438762
If you have any questions, please contact the Financial Department immediately:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (949) 794-9090 Ext. 5147
Completing the FAFSA can seem daunting, but it is an important step in securing financial aid. Be sure to set aside some time to complete the FAFSA and get one step closer to funding your education!