An article on Nurse Zone discusses how nurses are becoming advocates for their patients by creating a model of care that reinforces empathy towards patients and fellow healthcare workers. The author, Megan M. Krischke, highlights several key ways that nurses can participate in advocacy.
- Joining a professional organization and partnering with other nurses not only creates camaraderie; the professional relationships help to improve patient care by participating in research and by implementing new developments.
- Showing empathy and respect toward fellow nurses to create a more caring workplace environment.
- Adhering to procedures for patient care.
- Supporting and teaching fellow nurses.
- Embracing new technologies and methods as they are adopted by your hospital.
You can read the full article here.
Learn more about starting your career as a Vocation Nurse at Stanbridge College online.