Vet Tech Schools Southern California: Find your calling as a Registered Veterinary Technician (RVT)
Firstly, do you love animals? Secondly, do you want a career where you work with animals every single day? In short, Registered Veterinary Technicians (RVTs) take their love for animals to a whole new level!
Moreover, with employment rates projected to grow 20% from 2016 to 2026 (according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics), becoming an RVT is an exciting, high demand career path.
Therefore, if caring for animals is your passion, consider Vet Tech Schools Southern California!
Vet Tech Schools Southern California: What do RVTs do?
For instance, some of these tasks include:
- Conducting animal examinations
- Providing emergency first-aid
- Administering anesthesia and monitoring responses
- Performing x-rays and other lab tests
- Preparing animals for surgery
- Administering medications and vaccinations
Above all, RVTs help animals in need heal and recover.
Vet Tech Schools Southern California: Where do RVTs work?
RVTs often work in private clinics and animal hospitals. However, additional places of work include:
- Colleges, universities, and professional schools (state, local, private)
- Social advocacy organizations or humane societies
In addition, Vet Tech students at Stanbridge University have gotten the chance to work alongside wolves with Project Wildsong, spreading wildlife preservation awareness. You can find out more about this exciting learning opportunity here!
Learn more! Discover the Veterinary Technology program at Stanbridge University.